The auto correct feature can run you mad sometimes. For example, today I had to type EHR in Excel and it kept auto correcting it to HER 🙁
I did a quick search and following are our options around this:
- Try Undo-ing (ctrl+z) – this works for earlier versions of excel but not for later versions like 2007
- Type a space after typing what you want and then undo (ctrl+z) before you leave the cell.
- You must do this before you press enter, tab, any arrow, or before doing any other thing that would take the focus out of the current cell
- If you undo (ctrl+z) after going out of that cell then the whole thing you typed will be un-done (deleted).
- If you need to do this in large scale or can’t have an additional space then you have following two options:
- Type it in notepad or word pad and copy and paste
- You can use MS word but then you will have to either keep undo-ing of disable the auto-correct temporarily.